A bout of nostalgia
I've been seeing random clips of AI-generated videos of old scenes. You know those POV clips of a typical local mall in the 90s or Sunday mornings in the province? I love those. I'm writing this as I let my smart speaker play songs by Air Supply to set the mood (a typical weekend-morning staple on radio stations back then). Another thing I always feel nostalgic about is food. I missed Filipino style deep-fried breaded pork chops and so I decided to make it this evening for the first time and it was immensely successful! We had the fortunate experience of having a household cook when I was younger and her pork chops were savoury, crispy on the outside, and juicy on the inside. Thanks to the interwebs, I learned that the key to success is the marinade. I only had white pepper, sea salt, minced garlic, and apple cider vinegar. I poked the raw slices of bone-in pork chops with a fork then bathed and soaked it in the marinade. Before deep frying in canola oil, I dredged each slice in a mixture of flour, Old Bay seasoning, and white pepper. Dinner was like being transported back home in the late 80s to 90s at our dining table with everyone present and alive. As a nostalgia booster to Earth, Wind & Fire on this 21st night of September, here's Air Supply:
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!
<< Home